michael holly
michael holly, Family Solicitor
Experience:  BA Hons degree Law , Solicitors finals, 20 years experience, trained family law mediator.
12609314

I had my house put in trust for my son and the company that

I had my house put in trust for my son and the company that dealt with it has gone bust and I can't find paperwork ...what do I do ?

It would be worth you obtaining a copy of the title deeds to the property from the Land Registry as a declaration of trust can be noted on the title deeds. So I would check whether the solicitors who prepared the deed had this done. Office Copy entries can be obtained from the Land Registry site online or at a reasonable cost through a local solicitor who does conveyancing.

If a copy or record of the trust deed cannot be found the only solution would be to prepare a replacement. In any replacement deed you can refer to when the original was prepared and that this is a replacement document..

If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly either accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thankyou for your help x

My pleasure

Michael

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thankyou this was really helpful 9/10