ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

I was engaged for 2 years and living with my fiancée. She

Customer Question

I was engaged for 2 years and living with my fiancée. She had been through a divorce 2 years before and had a 50/50 settle ment. And bought her ex husband out with the help of her son So now she Owens 75% of the house and her son 25%. I admit I am not on the mortgage but did make contributions to help her pay her Share , is I paid for the shopping and maintained the house so she had no bills or out goings. In that department. So shortly I must be entitled to some sort of reconpence . I have received a letter from her solicitor and will enclose it.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

Please may I ask:

- did you: 1) pay the mortgage, or 2) pay a deposit or 3) add value to the house through renovation?

kind regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I didn’t .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But have received a letter from her solicitor. And it mentions clean brake in it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that makes me think.

Thank you. I have read the letter.

The news I have for you is not good.

You are entitled to any of your belongings to be returned but in relation to the house as you were not married the the only option for you to make a claim is under the Trust of Land Act. As you have not paid a deposit, the mortgage or added value through renovation then you are not able to make a claim under the Trust of Land Act.

I am sorry as I know that this isn't what you want to hear but I do have to be honest with you.

kind regards

Caroline

Please kindly remember to rate positively by using the stars so that credit is received foe helping you today

I note that this question remains unrated. Your feedback is important to me and I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my help by using the stars.

If I can assist you any further then please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards

Caroline