James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Enquiry I am contacting you regarding a child maintenance

Customer Question

EnquiryI am contacting you regarding a child maintenance related issue. I have been separated from my husband and the court in England granted me the responsibility of caring for and being in charge of our two daughters. The court have not made a decision regarding child maintenance.The Child Maintenance Service, upon assessing the case, confirmed how much the father is supposed to be paying as child maintenance. I do not dispute this sum therefore I do not wish to appeal against the Child Maintenance Service’s decision. I would, however, like the court to issue an order for the father to pay child maintenance.Am I entitled to go to court to ask for such a decision, confirming the child maintenance amount the father will have to pay? Would this court order override the decision made by the Child Maintenance Service?
Please writte down in answer your Name and your titleThank you for your kind attention and help.Yours faithfully,
Hajnal Maria
Expert:  Clare replied 12 days ago.

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you and your ex both live in the Uk?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi Clare,
thanks for your help and apologies for the late response.To answer your question: yes, both me and my ex are living in the UK.Please let me know if you need any additional info and I'll be happy to assist.Kind regards,
Maria
Expert:  Clare replied 3 days ago.

How much does your ex earn?