James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My Dad remarried and he and his new wife wrote a joint will.

Customer Question

My Dad remarried and he and his new wife wrote a joint will. In the will it stated that that their assets would pass to the remaining person on the first death and then when that person died the remaining assets would be decided equally between the children of the two families.
My Dad died first in 2002. Since then my step mother has re-written her will a number of times but following a fall out 3 years ago she appointed her son power of attorney. My step mother died 2 months ago but I've not heard anything about the will.
Can the will made by my Dad and step mother be taken into account or is the last will made by my step mother the only valid will.
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you mean that they made mirror wills?