How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Thank you for your swift response. I just need clarification

Customer Question

Thank you for your swift response. I just need clarification on one point. Grandson is the 16 year old parent and not working. We are being told his father has to pay the maintenance until such time grandson starts working. We just want to know clearly how we stand legally on this point so we can go forward.Thank you
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 10 months ago.


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and can assist you or you can wait for Thomas as he has previously helped you.

Can I ask:

- is your grandson living with you? do you have a court order confirming this?

- is your grandson at college? is it more than 14 hours? what course is he studying?

- is the father paying maintenance though court order, private arrangement or the Child Maintenance Service?

kind regards