James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Thank you for your swift response. I just need clarification

Customer Question

Thank you for your swift response. I just need clarification on one point. Grandson is the 16 year old parent and not working. We are being told his father has to pay the maintenance until such time grandson starts working. We just want to know clearly how we stand legally on this point so we can go forward.Thank you
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and can assist you or you can wait for Thomas as he has previously helped you.

Can I ask:

- is your grandson living with you? do you have a court order confirming this?

- is your grandson at college? is it more than 14 hours? what course is he studying?

- is the father paying maintenance though court order, private arrangement or the Child Maintenance Service?

kind regards

Caroline