13262538

I am not her biological dad but have raised her from the day

Customer Question

I am not her biological dad but have raised her from the day she was born and calls me dad amd there is no father registered on her birth certificate she is now 6 and her mother has decided to stop me seeing her because i work to much and play football on a saturday which is a poor excuse.. i have offered to have her on several occasions and she has either said no or not replied ... do i have rights to see her? And does the child have rights to see me as she knows me as her dad ?
Expert:  Clare replied 14 days ago.

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

When did you and her mother separate?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
We separated just over 4 years ago but apart from 1 year when she stopped me from seeing the child i have been fully involved in her life providing and caring for her and the mother calls me the childs dad aswell
Expert:  Clare replied 11 days ago.

You have used the correct wording in your question - it is the right of the child to continue a relationship with one of the significant adults in her life.

You will need the permission of the Court to make an application for a Child Arrangement Order so that the time she should spend with you is set out and enforceable.

That is dealt with on the same form as the application itself - a form C100 the fee is £215.

The starting point is for you to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting with a local family mediator

www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details