How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have been separated from my husband for 15 months. He is

Customer Question

I have been separated from my husband for 15 months.
He is retired and in receipt of a pension. I have a small pension also. I have asked if we can share the pension equally. He is agreeable to this. However, I have been looking for work and have recently been offered a full time job. My husband wants any money I earn to be included with the pension income.
Do I have to do this. It isn't any money that we will have accrued together.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How long were you married?

How old are you both?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When he left in January 2017 we had been married 42 years and I month. He was 64 I. March 2018 I am 64 next Month
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Have you actually started divorce proceedings?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No we're just separating and need to s let out finances.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

How much will you be earning?

What is the income from the pensions?