How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am in the middle of a divorce, i have two kids i need to

Customer Question

I am in the middle of a divorce, i have two kids i need to know my rights to selling my house and taking them with me, i want to move out of the area, my ex husband as told me i can leave but not the kids, and he will see me in court. He has a new partner, and works full time as a farmer.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I am sorry to hear what is happening.

Please may I ask:

- have you started proceedings in relation to the matrimonial finances yet?

- whose name is ***** ***** in?

- what are the other assets for both of you including pensions?

- what is the income for both of you?

- how long have you been together and how long have you been married?

- where are you living and where is your husband living?

- who are the children living with?

- what time are the children spending with the other parent?

- how old are the children?

- are there any current court orders in place in relation to the children?

- how far away are you considering moving?

- will this involve a change of schools?

kind regards