Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My wife filed for divorce on Wednesday whilst my son is

Customer Question

My wife filed for divorce on Wednesday whilst my son is staying with my father due to the Easter holidays. He was due to drop my son at my wife's mother and step father. My son is unaware at this time of the situation.
Their intention was for them to then bring my son home on Sunday and they would then stay the night at our home rather than let my wife and I speak to our son as couple. Her mother is particularly aggressive.
My father felt that was no appropriate, which I agreed so he would look after my son until tomorrow night at which time I would go to collect him bringing him home on Saturday. This was communicated to wife and the in laws.
My wife this morning has shown up at my Dads demanding my son be handed over. I do not feel my sons welfare is best served by this. What are our rights?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 3 months ago.
Basically you do not have to return the child. You both have parental responsibility (the parents) and as such equal rights. The mother does not have greater rights to the child.

Hello I see that you have looked at the answer. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 months ago.

Has this been resolved now?