How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I need an answer on weather I can collect a car that my

Customer Question

Hello I need an answer on weather I can collect a car that my husband has in his possession we separated 3.5 years ago, before we was married my husband got the car on finance in his name, the direct debit for the payments came out our joint bank account which I have proof of with statements, we finished paying for it just before we got married the registered keeper is my father which I have v5c for. My husband has put the car up for sale what I don’t want is for him to sell it and I don’t get a penny from it as we have not filed for divorce yet due to not being able to afford it all I want to know is weather I can leagally collect the car to prevent my husband from selling it
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the car worth?

Do you not need the car yourself?