James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I need an answer on weather I can collect a car that my

Customer Question

Hello I need an answer on weather I can collect a car that my husband has in his possession we separated 3.5 years ago, before we was married my husband got the car on finance in his name, the direct debit for the payments came out our joint bank account which I have proof of with statements, we finished paying for it just before we got married the registered keeper is my father which I have v5c for. My husband has put the car up for sale what I don’t want is for him to sell it and I don’t get a penny from it as we have not filed for divorce yet due to not being able to afford it all I want to know is weather I can leagally collect the car to prevent my husband from selling it
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the car worth?

Do you not need the car yourself?