How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I own a business and the property the the business is in is

Customer Question

I own a business and the property the the business is in is jointly owned by myself and my exwife. We went to court 8 years ago because of a dispute about the rent and lease. The rent was set by the court and a court order saying when the lease is up for renewal a surveyor must be appointed jointly and we must abide by his valuation. Which we have done. My ex wife disagrees with his valuation for rent and has said she wants more rent and will take me to court to get more. Can she do this?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Just for clarity - how was the Surveyor appointed?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.