13262538

I am writing to you about Child Maintenance (CM). I have a

Good afternoon,I am writing to you about Child Maintenance (CM). I have a son which I don't see and I am paying (CM). I am working with a rail company and earning a wage but I also have an Army War Disablement Pension which I claim every 4 weeks, I have told the CM about this and shown them evidence to prove that I have this disability. When I got the results back on what I need to pay from then onwards they said it was in the hundreds, when I asked about what the calculator said on there website that I only need to pay the flat rate they told me that its not true and because as I earn a wage they don't take my army war pension into account, but on the website it doesn't tell you that at all, it just says that I am entitled to the flat rate. could you please give me an answer as they are not being very clear with me.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

I am afraid that they are correct.

The online information is not as detailed as it should be.

The fact that you have other income means that the CMS has the ability to reassess based on this other income.

I am sorry

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No that's fine thank you very much
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do they still have to take into account that I might not be able to afford what they are saying I'm going to pay or can I dispute that

Sadly affordability is not a basis for any appeal to the CMS.