How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35574
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I live in the uk with my daughter and we are French. When we

This answer was rated:

Good morning, I live in the uk with my daughter and we are French. When we left, the French Court decided that I will not get any Child Maintenance (as per my request) and that I will pay 50% of her flights tickets (she goes back to France every other week). Now my situation has changed as I separated from my British partner and have my 2 daughters with me. Can I ask the revision of the Child Maintenance for my French daughter through the UK service? How should I do that? Thank you. Kind regards

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old is your daughter and when was the Order actually made?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My daughter will be 10yo in July. The decision has been made in June 2016 (when I moved and when it has been decided that she will live with me in the uk). Thank you

Just to check - her father lives and works in France?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Then I am afraid that you will have to either go back to the courts in France to rekindle your child maintenance claim; or make an application to the courts in the Uk under the Children Act and then apply to have the order enforced in France.

You are not able to use the Child Maintenance Service because your ex neither lives nor works in the UK

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for this info. What court can I apply to? Do I need a solicitor to apply? What are the delay? Many thanks

You can apply to your local family court using a Form A1 available here

I would expect it to take at least six months for the order to be made and enforcement is likely to take at least nine months - possibly more

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you