13262538

I had a divorce judgment from Nigeria it was complete in

Good morning I had a divorce judgment from Nigeria it was complete in December 2017 I live in the uk how can I file it here in the uk my ex husband live in Canada. Can you help me

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Why do you wish to "file it in the UK?"?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Good morning Clare, it was done in Nigeria West Africa I live in the uk and he lives in Canada, and there is child maintenance and utility bill to be paid to me not received any for 5years I am in need of it now. Thank you

For clarity are you talking about the Financial Order which was made by the court?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Good morning yes i want to enforce my child maintenance he lives in Canada now and I live in the Uk with my three lads I have not had any payment for maintenance for 5 years now. Yes the court made a financial order to be paid for the children up keep and untility he left 2 years without paying it. It was also included in the judgement. I need assistance to get it enforced I have three lads to support and it is tough for me now.

You will need to make application in Nigeria for the Order to be enforced in Canada using the Reciprocal Enforcement- of Maintenance Orders process, it is not a matter for UK law.

The other option is to make a fresh application here in the UK using Schedule 1 of the Children Act and get a new Order which you can then apply to enforce in Canada using the UK/Canadian REMO system detailed here

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/remo-20-eng.pdf

I hope that this is of assistance -please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Clare
Making a new application for another divorce I do not understand. Please make me understand.

What do you wish to know?