13262538

Could a third party have been included in a one-off

Could a third party have been included in a one-off attendance

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you explain a little more about your question please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My son has just gone through an acrimonious divorce (her family have 5 divorces to their name). I was hoping to be included once at their mediation as she was telling lies and he had no back-up. Would it have been possible for me to have been there just the once to back him up?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
PLEASE all I want to know is would I have been allowed just ONE attendance - this is breaking my heart as she has also turned his two sons against both him and me. YES or NO.

What did you wish to attend - the mediation?

How old are the children?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would have liked to have had the opportunity to attend the mediation at least once to back up my sons side of the story - the boys are 23 and nearly 21 but they have no connection with him or me because of her influence.

Mediation is not about who is telling the truth - it is about the two people involved being assisted in reaching an agreement on the finances.

The role of the mediator is not to decide who is telling the truth - it is to facilitate the discussion between them, which is why there is no need for anyone else to "back up' a story.

I am sure your son's ex did indeed play the "poor little woman" (I have watched it often) but it was not relevant to the actual outcome.

That is why no one else is involved in Mediation

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you Clare for that information - it hasn't solved anything but at least we have the truth and at 85 years old I do miss contact with the boys even if it was just by texting. Once again thank you.

It is sad that she has done this - but I hope things do resolve

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Clare, Thank you for being so patient, it is all over now - how do I pay you.

Already done - i hope all goes well