How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34677
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Me and my ex girlfriend broke up over a year ago and she

This answer was rated:

Hi, Me and my ex girlfriend broke up over a year ago and she basically still has some of my things which i invested in and are worth a lot of money, can i get these back?

What type of thing

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It was collecting Lego which i was investing in
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have receipts, pictures of the lego sets i brought and due to her not dealing with the break up very well i left it, but i tried contacting her a couple of weeks ago and had no response but heard through friends that she wasn't going to give me them back, i was wondering what i can do and if i can do anything to get them back?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
being that it has been around about 12 months since i last asked for them back

whats the value

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
at the time £760 but the value has increased but i haven't worked out how much by yet
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
at the time of purchase which i brought off another collector which they valued it at was £760
Ok. The best thing to do is (a) call the police and get them to arrange an appointment so you can collect the items with your ex or (b) get a solicitor to write formally to her threatening court proceedings against her.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Does it matter that it has been left over 12 months and does she have any rights to say she is keeping them?
No rights at all
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay great, thankyou!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Under what right or law do I have so i can quote it please?

my pleasure