How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1494
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I have a court order in place for contact with my child. The

This answer was rated:

I have a court order in place for contact with my child. The court order have said that if I move closer I can have an extra nights contact. I have just moved but the mother through her solicitor is saying I can’t have thee xtra night until I prove I have moved. This isn’t in the court order so I am not going to provide that info. Considering when the mother moved she wouldn’t even provide her address for 2 months. Anyway what would happen if on Friday she said I’m not allowed to see my child because I haven’t provided the info? And what could I do?Thanks I advance.


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I am sorry to hear that the mother doesn't believe you.

What you need to know is that even if you did decide not to give the mother the address and then you went to court t enforce the order then the court would likely agree that the information about your new address should be provided to the mother.

I appreciate that the mother has previously withheld the information from you but two wrongs do not make a right and you both should know the address of the other parent so that they know where their child is staying.

If the mother says no, then you can seek to enforce the court order, but this will cost you again and the court will also probably tell you to give her the address.

In your case it is well worth considering just giving her the address so that you can have the extra night.

I appreciate that this may not be want you want to hear but practically this appears the better option and will save you enforcing the order only for the court to tell you to give her the address.

I hope that this helps you.

kind regards


Please kindly remember to rate positively by using the stars so that credit is received for helping you today

ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you