Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

It regarding a marriage. as my wife was recording everything

hi it regarding a marriage. as my wife was recording everything i say, i start recording (voice) her too. Is that a crime and punishable?

Hi. NO it is not a crime and hence not punishable. It is not uncommon for couples to record one another without the other realising. Happy to discuss and please rate positive.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for the response. I found her abusing me and my parents regularly on her calls and discussion with her friends and family. She has even contacted local support group and complain about me harrassing her. We are from India on a long term visa here. We will be going back in 6-8 months. She is even planning to file cases against me in India as she thinks India is more women friendly after going back. Is that a enough reason to ask for divorce as this all is too mentally frustrating. Can these recording act as evidence in court? Can she file a case against me in UK saying i recorded her? Thank you
that is enough as grounds for divorce. If necessary these recordings can act in court as evidence. You are allowed to record in such circumstances. I hope this helps. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. That was very helpful. one last question. As a married couple is it compulsory to live in a common rented house or can i leave her and find a separate home and ask her to manage her on her own as she is working? can she come back asking its compulsory for me to provide to her since we are married or can she leave her job just to make me provide to her? or bring police or lawyer to force to live with her?
There are no compulsory arrangers for where or how married couples live.
Please rate positive