How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34677
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

It regarding a marriage. as my wife was recording everything

This answer was rated:

hi it regarding a marriage. as my wife was recording everything i say, i start recording (voice) her too. Is that a crime and punishable?

Hi. NO it is not a crime and hence not punishable. It is not uncommon for couples to record one another without the other realising. Happy to discuss and please rate positive.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for the response. I found her abusing me and my parents regularly on her calls and discussion with her friends and family. She has even contacted local support group and complain about me harrassing her. We are from India on a long term visa here. We will be going back in 6-8 months. She is even planning to file cases against me in India as she thinks India is more women friendly after going back. Is that a enough reason to ask for divorce as this all is too mentally frustrating. Can these recording act as evidence in court? Can she file a case against me in UK saying i recorded her? Thank you
that is enough as grounds for divorce. If necessary these recordings can act in court as evidence. You are allowed to record in such circumstances. I hope this helps. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. That was very helpful. one last question. As a married couple is it compulsory to live in a common rented house or can i leave her and find a separate home and ask her to manage her on her own as she is working? can she come back asking its compulsory for me to provide to her since we are married or can she leave her job just to make me provide to her? or bring police or lawyer to force to live with her?
There are no compulsory arrangers for where or how married couples live.
Please rate positive
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you