Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

If I am mentioned in divorce papers- what are the

If I am mentioned in divorce papers- what are the consequences

in what regard?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have been approached by a woman who is divorcing her husband. We were having a fling and she is divorcing him for cheating. She asked for my date of birth, address and full name
Why?
If you were having an affair with her then she is not going to add you to the petition. It would be for him to mention you in the petition not her.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am at work can’t call
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It was him I was having the affair with she is the one who contacted me
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What can she do with my details?

I see. It would appear that if she is contemplating a divorce she may be doing so for adultery and seeking to include you in the divorce as the other party. People do not generally need to do this any more (its a bit antiquated) but some people still do so, basically for revenge or to cause trouble.

Hello I see that you have looked at the answer. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don’t understand why she would need my date of birth?
The court are seeking DOBs to determine they have the right person