13262538

My wife of 9 years has this week turned around and said she

Good afternoon. My wife of 9 years has this week turned around and said she wants a divorce. I am a serving police constable, and have spent the past 13 years supporting my wife through medical training, putting my career on hold and de-skilling due to her earning far more money in Dr overtime than I could as a police officer. Last month she became a partner at a GP surgery and has a monthly wage of £10k before deductions, plus £1k per day overtime doing out of hours (roughly 4 each month) My monthly wage is £3k before deductions. My wife has said that I can keep my house which she moved into. We want to leave one another pensions alone, but my current bills exceed my monthly flat rate take home of £2k. Is there anything I can do to try and get some support from my wife? We have two young kids together which I have said I want to have three nights a week. I also have a son from a previous relationship who I pay maintenance for as his mum is the main care provider. I am a little worried about surviving!

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

How much is your property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi. The property is value als at approx £160k, with approx £30k-40k equity in it.

How old are the children and how has their care been shared between you until now?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The two girls I have with my wife are 3 and 7, and my son with my ex is 13.

and how has their care been shared between you until now?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thebcare has been pretty even upnto now with me providing more when she went to work the overtime shifts. Which does include 11 hour shifts on the weekends .

What other assets are there?

How long will it take you to recover your career position?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I doubt that I will be able to due to the fact that I have limited opportunities for promotion due to a pretty stagnant promotion system which has over 800 people already qualified to apply, and minimal numbers being selected annually. A reduced workforce also means less opportunity. I have recently started a MSc in order to try and develop myself as I have not been able to do this up until now due to supporting my wife.
In terms of assets we have two cars. A 2008 Ford Fiesta which has very little value approx £500, and a Ford S-Max on a 2010 plate valued at approximately £6.5k-7k. I owe £5k on my MSc fees, £6 on a loan in my name that we both took out in order to get the car and buy a dog. And there is approximately £2k on an interest free credit card in my name. In as far as assets my wife has there is her business that she has a mortgage on at the GP surgery.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Good afternoon. Please could I enquire as to whether this service runs over the weekend?

My apologies for the delay

Given the difference in your incomes and the fact that you have supported her during your training O would expect you to not only be able to keep the house - but to also receive time limit spouse maintenance to allow you to complete your MSC.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details