Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

Can my now husband whom I've separated from because of

can my now husband whom I've separated from because of domestic violence call my ex husband who was also violent to me as a witness for a child arrangement order?

He is entitled to invite the court to hear this witness. You would oppose this and it is most unlikely that the court would allow your ex to give evidence in a case such as this. I have seen similar antics in the past but the court refuse to allow such evidence. There is a very helpful book on this topic on amazon which I would recommend for about a tenner - I have attached the link to help - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Happy to discuss but please rate

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. what is the likelihood of him
getting full custody? Can I prevent visits in his home. His family he lives with are all abusive/criminals

If he has been domestically violent then this is key. I would apply for legal aid if you have not already. I would also take a look at the book and also PR 12 J (https://www.familylaw.co.uk/news_and_comment/revised-practice-direction-12j-child-arrangements-and-contact-orders-domestic-abuse-and-harm) which protects victims of DV in case such as this and limits contact between the perpetrator and the child. Please rate positive.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
he's denying it happened as it was psychological/financial and from extended family as well as him. he threatened to take full custody of my son and has 5 solicitors working on his case. because he was putting money in my account when we were together it looks like there's been alot of activity &been told I probably won't get legal aid. how much roughly will it cost to have a solicitor for this whole process. I'm on benefits just recently but have no savings and left with 23k debt solely in my name which he knows he doesn't have to pay

Well you need to go and apply for legal aid. A solicitor can advise definitively. Happy to discuss and please rate positive for my time.

Hello I see that you have looked at the answer. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but no one is doing legal aid work.
Lots of firms are doing legal aid. Try Brendan Fleming’s
Please rate positive for my answer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you but do you know any that are in greater London near southall
Duncan Lewis are v good.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you