How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34675
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Me and my wife have split up and she gave me letter from

This answer was rated:

Hi me and my wife have split up and she gave me letter from solicitor asking me to leave family home we have mortgage together on what do i do as I don't have anywhere to live so she is saying that until I find somewhere I can't see kids aswell I am not at fault for marriage breakdown she just said she dont love me anymore that's only reason
You are under no obligation to move out of the property. You as a joint owner are perfectly entitled in law to stay in the property . Also you both have parental responsibility for the children and again equal rights to spend time with the children. She does not have extra or better rights. You should get your own solicitor, consider marriage counselling and if the necessary get a divorce. Please rate positive

Hello I see that you have looked at the answer. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you where do i stand if she sent all my belongings to the tip ?

Can you please rate for the original answer and I will happily answer this additional question

Thomas Judge and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Then you would sue for the value of the losses - this can be done in the small claims court depending upon the value