13262538

I was wanting to know how soon can you vary a spousal

Hello, I was wanting to know how soon can you vary a spousal maintenance.? I understand it's got to do with any significant changes, but in my case I was awarded spousal maintenance to support me&my child's move from my parents house to our own home-once found, but I as yet have not moved, and I am now getting concerned as to how soon should I have move out?. I had my final hearing 2 months ago and court order recieved last month I as yet have not found a property to move into, and my ex-husband is demanding to know my move out date. I was wanting to know how much time would you say is sufficient enough to have moved out by?I am trying my very best but the constant pressure from my ex-husband is playing on my mind and I need some idea as to what kind of a time/duration would be consistent in the courts opinion to have moved out by. Thank-you.

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you still intend to move out in due course?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do

Then you have nothing to worry about.

If after 12 months you are still there and have not make any clear plans to move then your ex may be able to go back - however apart from that you are free to be as careful as you wish in rehousing yourself

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's fine. Thank-you