13262538

I'm hoping you can help me, I only have two questions but

Good Morning,
I'm hoping you can help me, I only have two questions but will give you the background of the situation first. My mum has been with her partner, unmarried, for 27 years and have been living together for that time in my mum's house which is solely in her name. His boys were left his ex marital home and he has spent some money on the property over the years although they have always kept their finances separate. Unfortunately he has now been diagnosed with terminal cancer. So my question is this, are his two boys entitled to a share of my mum's house as inheritance? Also, is my mum entitled to claim his pension after he passes? I understand this is a very complicated area but appreciate any help. Many kind regards, Gem

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

has he nominated your mother to receive his pension?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I believe so

Then that is all that is needed.

If he dies before your mother his children have no claim on your mother's property as it is in her name

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you, you've been a great help, kind regards