How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35574
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I'm hoping you can help me, I only have two questions but

This answer was rated:

Good Morning,
I'm hoping you can help me, I only have two questions but will give you the background of the situation first. My mum has been with her partner, unmarried, for 27 years and have been living together for that time in my mum's house which is solely in her name. His boys were left his ex marital home and he has spent some money on the property over the years although they have always kept their finances separate. Unfortunately he has now been diagnosed with terminal cancer. So my question is this, are his two boys entitled to a share of my mum's house as inheritance? Also, is my mum entitled to claim his pension after he passes? I understand this is a very complicated area but appreciate any help. Many kind regards, Gem

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

has he nominated your mother to receive his pension?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I believe so

Then that is all that is needed.

If he dies before your mother his children have no claim on your mother's property as it is in her name

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you, you've been a great help, kind regards