13262538

Judge Question, I am now back. I have been contacted by the

Thomas Judge Question Hi Thomas, I am now back. I have been contacted by the Child Maintenance Service and I have said that my estranged wife has taken all the money and I can't afford to pay as she has left me with huge debts. What can I do ?

I am aware that you have asked for Thomas but the answer to this is straightforward.

Child Maintenance is assessed as a percentage of your gross income - the only thing that reduces it is

1. having the children for more than 52 nights a year

2. excessive costs of contact (think travelling over 200 miles)

3. proving that you are paying the mortgage in full.

That is it - I cant afford it is sadly not one of the options - even when you are paying off family debts

I will of course opt out for Thomas if you wish

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No that’s great Clare