How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35574
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been through the courts over the last year to regain

Customer Question

Hi, I have been through the courts over the last year to regain the access I had prior to a breakdown in communication with the child’s mother. After 6 court dates we are now back to regular contact. Court did not go in the mother’s favour. The mother won’t stop pushing (calling social services and sending unfounded solicitors letters) how can we put a stop to this once and for all.
She has been through an almost identical case with her ex husband over there 11 year old. She has poisoned her little boy and has attempted to do the same with my four year old daughter. I am really really worried about my child’s wellbeing under her care. Could honestly write a book on the last 12 months.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What are the current contact arrangements

What allegations has she made in the last two months?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Clare,
Week one Friday to Saturday 6pm to 6pm. Week two Friday to Sunday 6pm. And Wednesday evenings for a couple of hours. Holidays are basically 50/50. See last letter sent (all unfounded rubbish) and reported to social services for leaving my daughter unattended in a park. Again complete rubbish. Through this process she has reported me to the police for threatening her and her family (luckily I had recorded the interaction) and no charges of any description were handed out. She told social services that the child was terrified of me ( before they had the opportunity to speak with my daughter). She claims dla for illnesses that my daughter is supposed to have. Again I have her medical records. She has poisoned her son against his father ( this case is still going on and social are fully involved.)
Social services know she is unstable but what can they do? I have told them that I am really concerned about Blair emotional well-being.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Second part
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

What is the actual issue with the illness?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The mother has been greatly exaggerating health issues in order to claim disability living allowance for my daughters ‘health issues’
She has Asthma and is double jointed. That’s it.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She is not aware that I have Blair medical records.
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

is your daughter relaxed and happy during her time with you despite these tensions?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
she’s a happy girl.
That said, she is very conscious of what’s going on and hears much more than a four year old should ever hear. It’s really concerning considering how she has twisted her son against his dad.
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Sadly there is no way that you can completely stop these problems - she is clearly hoping to wear you down.

the best approach is to each time write polite letters back pointing out the actual position on each point.

So far as reports to Social Services are concerned this will backfire on her as after a few times Social Services will mark her as a nuisance caller.

Keep a careful record of the harassment as if she continues it for more than six months then it may be possible to obtain a non molestation order against her

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details