13262538

My ex husband was given 18 months to sell one of his 2

Hello, my ex husband was given 18 months to sell one of his 2 properties to pay me money as a divorce settlement and as per the consent order he was supposed to transfer it to me by 18 April. He failed to do so and I have just found out he remortgaged all the properties to the max (so there is no equity left on the two properties he is renting out at the moment) to buy a very expensive house for him, his new partner and two young children. How do you think the court will react when I apply for enforcement please? Thank you. Best regards

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much does he have to pay you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Clare, he has to pay £220,000. In July last year he bought a property for £1.7M by remortgaging his other flat (which he was supposed to sell) and Our matrimonial home. He still owns the other two properties and rents them out. The new property is in his and his partners name. Thank you

Have you applied to enforce the Order?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not yet

Then you should do so as soon as possible using the form here

https://www.familylaw.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0002/0863/D50K.pdf

There is a good chance that he will be forced to sell his home if that is where he has placed all his money

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details