13262538

I own my property which is in my name and have been living

Hi I own my property which is in my name and have been living with my partner for 20 years we have two children. And he has two children from before we were together. I have a will for house and assets to go to my two children. How can I protect my home if my partner was to die from his older two children having any rights to my property or assets. Thanks

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

For clarity - you are worried about what will happen if he dies first

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please confirm if my partner dies first that his eldest child from previous would be entitled to anything if he has lived in my property for 20 years. Is she classed as next of kin. Does he need a will or another legal document to protect me and my two children

If he dies before you then his child has no claim on your home.

However if there is no Will then his child will be the person entitled to arrange the funeral etc - so your partner may wish to consider making a Will to ensure that you will have a role in the arrangements

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details