How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35574
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

In a 50/50 residential court order can a local authority

This answer was rated:

In a 50/50 residential court order can a local authority name one home as a main residence

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Can you explain a little more about what it is you wish to know

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my son has a education health and care plan. He is also subject to a 50/50 residential order he live with me half the week and with his mother half the week. The local authority have named his mother home as the main residence in order to determine travel costs etc Can the LA legally name one of my son's home as the main residence?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
have you got my last message

Which of you lives closer to the school?

Were you asked to nominate a property?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
His mother and no I was not to nominate

Have you spoken to his mother about this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
she is happy about the LA nomination but I am not I believe both homes should be considered as main residences

I am afraid that only one property can be regarded as the main residence for each official body. One has to be given first. It can be a different one for different bodies - so one address for the Doctor and a different one for the Dentist.

However the LA is indeed allowed to chose just one I am afraid

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you

You are most welcome

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you