13262538

In a 50/50 residential court order can a local authority

In a 50/50 residential court order can a local authority name one home as a main residence

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Can you explain a little more about what it is you wish to know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my son has a education health and care plan. He is also subject to a 50/50 residential order he live with me half the week and with his mother half the week. The local authority have named his mother home as the main residence in order to determine travel costs etc Can the LA legally name one of my son's home as the main residence?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
have you got my last message

Which of you lives closer to the school?

Were you asked to nominate a property?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
His mother and no I was not to nominate

Have you spoken to his mother about this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
she is happy about the LA nomination but I am not I believe both homes should be considered as main residences

I am afraid that only one property can be regarded as the main residence for each official body. One has to be given first. It can be a different one for different bodies - so one address for the Doctor and a different one for the Dentist.

However the LA is indeed allowed to chose just one I am afraid

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

You are most welcome