How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35574
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex partner is self employed and normally pays child

This answer was rated:

Hi my ex partner is self employed and normally pays child maintenance weekly bit he had a car crash and was drink driving now he can't go to work for a few months due to injury..where does this leave me and my son in terms of the maintenance?

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Does he pay via the CMS or under a Court Order - or voluntarily?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi there thank you, ***** ***** through a mutual agreement so voluntarily but based on his earnings.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He also works for a company with a group of others and i know he will have work to go back to when he recovers. But he's self employed.

What sick pay (if any) will he receive?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No sick pay

Then I am afraid that all he will have to pay is the flat rate of £5 a week until he resumes employment

I am sorry that the news is not better - please ask if you need further details

Clare and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you