ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

I want to take a child arrangements order back to court. The

Hi, I want to take a child arrangements order back to court. The child comes home with bruises after contact with his father and the fathers refuses his special needs buggy. The school have approved the fathers property so as per court order it will go to overnights. Can I take the order back to court to voice my concerns

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist.

Please may I ask:

- how old is the child?

- when was the court order made?

- have you reported any of the bruising to police / social services?

- when was the last bruising incident? what has your child said about this?

- what contact is happening now?

kind regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi Caroline, thank you so much for your response.
-he is 4 years old and with special needs
- the final court order was made 20th December 2017
-I have reported the last bruises to social services and GP they said to keep a record of all incidents but didn’t escalate the matter.
- the last bruising was on the last contact day (sat 21st April) my son isn’t able to commicate what happened as he doesn’t have the ability (autism/special needs) the father said he fell and hit his elbow but he checked it and it seemed ok to him. Father is in denial about the autism, and says this is wrong diagnosis (I have this on a email from him) he also refuses to take the specialist buggy which our son needs.
-the current contact is every Saturday 9am-5pm, this is to progress to overnight stays once the father obtains suitable property with suitable equipment in place, this place is to be inspected and approved by the school. The school went to visit the property today. This property is in Croydon south London, I live in Finchley Road north West London. As far as I was aware the said property should be near my home, with easy distance, but this is not on the court order.Best wishes
Caroline Mchugh

Hello Caroline

Thank you for your response and for clarifying that for me.

What do you think caused the bruises? do you have any worries about the father?

kind regards

Caroline

PS - I need to go out but will answer upon my return

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi Caroline,
Thank you for your response.
The father is extremely difficult to communicate with, I have had 3 non-molestation orders on him and he also has a criminal history of armed robbery. But the armed robbery was when he was younger so it didn’t hold much importantance in court. The non-molestation order was ceased in final hearing as judge said we must start afresh. But father has been extremely difficult, sending derogatory emails/texts almost weekly, bringing our son back late on drop offs, and not writing in the communication book.
I believe these bruises are done through neglect and a unwillingness to acknowledge our sons Autism/additional needs. I fear worse will happen the longer hours he has him.Best wishes
Caroline

Hello Caroline

Thank you for your response.

Please accept my apologies for not being able to respond to you sooner.

I really feel for you. It is the position that children are entitled to a really good relationship with both of their parents as long as it is safe to do so. You have previously had a terrible time with the father but the previous Judge appears to consider that this was not a child protection concern.

The unexplained bruises need to be reported to police and social services. Let them investigate. If social services are concerned that the bruises are being caused because the father is not taking the child's condition seriously then they may take action themselves.

Otherwise it is a case of you making an application back to court on the basis of these bruises but you need to refer to SS and the police first.

I hope that this helps you

kind regards

Caroline

Positive feedback is gratefully received

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you CarolineBest wishes