How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35574
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Clare, Thank you very much for your reply, it was very

This answer was rated:

Hi Clare,Thank you very much for your reply, it was very helpful.However, I have recently found out that the court order is actually a petty debt order due to them no longer being married. They would have automatically gone through the REMO act otherwise.Therefore I will now need a solicitor over here? If so am I able to represent by proxy?Best,Christian

That makes much more sense

How long ago was the Judgement made?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The 3rd of May, as it is stated on the written document also.


Then again there is no need for new proceedings here

Instead, the Order can be Registered in the High Court in London for enforcement in the Uk.

You can read more here

It is effectively a paper exercise.

If there does need to be a Court attendance I am afraid they will either have to attend - or instruct a lawyer to deal with the matter in their absence

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you very much, this is extremely helpful.Sorry for my ignorance but what is the most effective way of registering in the high Court?Best,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Clare,I'm not sure if you saw my last question but what is the most effective way of registering an order in the high court?Best,Christian