13262538

Clare, Thank you very much for your reply, it was very

Hi Clare,Thank you very much for your reply, it was very helpful.However, I have recently found out that the court order is actually a petty debt order due to them no longer being married. They would have automatically gone through the REMO act otherwise.Therefore I will now need a solicitor over here? If so am I able to represent by proxy?Best,Christian

That makes much more sense

How long ago was the Judgement made?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The 3rd of May, as it is stated on the written document also.

Excellent

Then again there is no need for new proceedings here

Instead, the Order can be Registered in the High Court in London for enforcement in the Uk.

You can read more here

https://www.out-law.com/topics/dispute-resolution-and-litigation/enforcement/enforcing-foreign-judgments-in-england-and-wales/

It is effectively a paper exercise.

If there does need to be a Court attendance I am afraid they will either have to attend - or instruct a lawyer to deal with the matter in their absence

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you very much, this is extremely helpful.Sorry for my ignorance but what is the most effective way of registering in the high Court?Best,
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Clare,I'm not sure if you saw my last question but what is the most effective way of registering an order in the high court?Best,Christian