ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

Does proof of adultery influence financial settlement or

Does proof of adultery influence financial settlement or child custody?

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I can confirm that the reason for divorce, such as adultery doe snot have a bearing on either the matrimonial finances or any children act proceedings.

In relation to the matrimonial finances, behaviour can be considered but only if it is a high level. There are cases whereby one party has ruined the matrimonial home and effectively devalued the same but this has still not effected the division.

Division in relation to the matrimonial finances is based upon the length of your marriage and the needs of the parties. A divorce on the grounds of adultery will not change this.

In relation to children it is the position of the courts that children are entitled to a really good relationship with both of their parents and that this should prevail as long as there are no child protection concerns. Adultery is not considered a child protection concern by itself.

Please do let me know if I can assist you further

kind regards

Caroline

Please kindly remember to rate positively by using the stars so that credit is received for helping you today

I note that this question remains unrated. Your feedback is important to me and I would be grateful if you could kindly star rate my answer by using the stars.

If I can assist you further then please do not hesitate to ask

kindest regards

Caroline