How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1494
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Does proof of adultery influence financial settlement or

This answer was rated:

Does proof of adultery influence financial settlement or child custody?


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I can confirm that the reason for divorce, such as adultery doe snot have a bearing on either the matrimonial finances or any children act proceedings.

In relation to the matrimonial finances, behaviour can be considered but only if it is a high level. There are cases whereby one party has ruined the matrimonial home and effectively devalued the same but this has still not effected the division.

Division in relation to the matrimonial finances is based upon the length of your marriage and the needs of the parties. A divorce on the grounds of adultery will not change this.

In relation to children it is the position of the courts that children are entitled to a really good relationship with both of their parents and that this should prevail as long as there are no child protection concerns. Adultery is not considered a child protection concern by itself.

Please do let me know if I can assist you further

kind regards


Please kindly remember to rate positively by using the stars so that credit is received for helping you today


I note that this question remains unrated. Your feedback is important to me and I would be grateful if you could kindly star rate my answer by using the stars.

If I can assist you further then please do not hesitate to ask

kindest regards


ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you