How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35013
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My partner is having issues with his wife (separated from)

This answer was rated:

Good morning, my partner is having issues with his wife (separated from) about access to his daughter, she says that he isn’t allowed to see her because he is a drug addict, which he is now clean, he goes to his ihear appointments every week and is doing everything he can to stay clean, but the mother of his children is dead set that the courts won’t grant him access, how does it work in court if he is clean and he can prove he is clean, will be be able to have access to his daughter. Also can he get help with solicitor fees for getting a divorce and also getting help fighting in court for access. Thank you ***** *****

My name is ***** ***** I will try and help. If he is being refused contact with his child then he will have to make an application to the court for a child arrangement order to spend time with the child. Both parents have equal right as they have parental responsibility so the court will allow contact to take place where it is safe. So the courts will grant contact. I have attached a link to a book which explains the court process for people who can not afford solicitors -

Happy to discuss and please rate positive.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Thomas thank you for your help, does the child arrangement order cost anything and what happens if the mother refuses still to let him see the child as she has made it quite clear that she won’t let him see his daughter. He has mental health and is on a lot of pain killers for a back problem that he has, so all this is taking a toll and isn’t helping with his issues, all he wants to do is see his daughter but she keeps using his past against him.

There is a fee of £215.00. Although he may be able to seek fee exemption.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you, ***** ***** he apply for the form and for the fee exemption? How long does he have to have been clean for the courts to grant him access and will the access have to be through a contact centre supervised because of his past, what are the procedures if the child’s mother still refuses even after the courts have granted access?

The courts can grant contact straight away and it is expected that parties will comply with court orders. I have attached the link to fee exemption -

I hope this helps and please rate 4 or 5 stars for my time

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. For your help.

Thanks - can you please rate 4 or 5 stars please.

How do I rate an answer?

You can give your rating by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. Your Expert will not be paid until you rate the answer. If the stars are grayed out or you cannot click on the stars to rate your experience, reply to your Expert and let them know so they can adjust your question and allow you to rate.

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you