Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My husband and I are separated. He is living in our caravan

My husband and I are separated. He is living in our caravan at a fishing retreat. He would like to keep the caravan. I am living in the family home and would like to have it valued and give him half the value less half the value of the caravan.
Does the value have to be other than an an estate agent. How can this be done keagally, would a solicitor be needed to change the name on the deeds?

You would normally need a conveyancing solicitor to change the name on the deeds so that it is done properly and legally. You normally work out the value by getting two or three estate agent estimates of the value and then working out the mean figure as the figure for the value of the property. This is how the court would value the property. Happy to discuss and please rate positive.