ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

My daughter has a court order that stipulates my

Hi my daughter has a court order that stipulates my grandaughter resides with her and her ex partner has contact every wednesday and every other weekend my daughter is wanting to take isla on holiday abroad can her ex stop her from doing this as he will try thank you

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I can confirm that as long as the order that your daughter has stipulates that your granddaughter lives with her (this can either be a child arrangements order or the older type of residence order) then you daughter is able to take your granddaughter on holiday for up to a month at a time without the permission of the father being required.

It is still important that the father is provided with all the details of the holiday so that he is not of the view that your daughter does not intend not to return with your daughter.

Your daughter just needs to take a copy of her order with her when she goes on holiday in case any queries are raised at the airport.

Let me know if I can assist you further

kind regards

Caroline

Please kindly remember to rate positively by using the stars so that credit is received for helping you today