Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I have two questions... Last year I had an affair. We are

I have two questions...Last year I had an affair. We are both married. His wife has now discovered the affair and has threatened to send messages and intimate photographs of me to my husband. Is she allowed to do this and is there anything I can do to stop it. She has also threatened to get contact my workplace and teenage son. I have emails and text messages saying this.
The second question is she is planning to divorce her husband on the grounds of adultery and I think she wants to name me as a co-respondent. Do I legally need to reply to any of the paperwork that gets sent to me?Thanks
Are there such photos
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
photographs were sent by both of us.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I don’t know if she has actually seen them.

If inappropriate photos are being sent to third parties then this is a criminal offence and you can contact the police and make them aware of same. They are starting to take these type of offences much more seriously. You can also apply to the court for a non molestation order to prevent hr sending anything further to you or any third parties including your work. I would be minded to get a solicitor to formally write to her and warn her off in any event. If you are listed as a co respondent then you would receive a copy of the application and I would reply as there might be costs consequences if you fail to do so. Happy to discuss further and please rate 5 stars for my time.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you. That is very helpful. Can I just check whether she actually needs to send anything before any action can be taken or is the threat enough?

The threat should be enough.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help.