13262538

My mum has lived in our family home since her and my dad

Hi, my mum has lived in our family home since her and my dad were married in 1967. They've never moved and paid off the mortgage mid 90's. My dad passed away in 2001 and hadn't got a will so all passed to mum. My mum remarried in 2005 and my step dad moved in. In 2014 my step dad was imprisoned for 18 months due to grooming /sexual assault against my niece (my mum's granddaughter). She decided to stay with him and has not been part of our lives since then. They still live in my mum & dad's house and I am sure they've got a will. My mum is early 70's and 10yrs older than my step dad, do we have any legal rights over the property /contents? Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks Debs

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

I am so very sorry but the answer is no - you have no claim to the property or its contents su=ince you clearly are not financially supported by your mother in any way.

I am sorry - I cannot begin to imagine the distress this must cause

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your reply Claire. Appreciate your advice. Many thanks. Debs

I am sorry the news was not better