Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

Next question is relating to threats and harassment. His ex

Next question is relating to threats and harassment.
His ex phones him repeatedly at work asking for personal information about his relationship with me. She also says he cannot phone and speak to his children or see them until he answers her.
Where does the law stand on such matters and can you point me towards the relevant organisation or information about how to handle this?

How old are the children and is there a court order in place?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The children are 8 and 5 and there is no court order in place, no domestic violence other then her hitting him once.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The reason I am so involved is that she is severely impacting his mental health, with constant calls at work. He has already been sacked from one job. Plus she can be on the phone with threats until late at night

Then I would be minded if I was him to make an application to the court for a child arrangements order which will set out the defined time for him to spend time with the children. It completely takes the power away from his ex - it is very effective. I have also to help attached a link to a fabulous book on amazon for about a tenner which explains the process - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

If she is harassing him he can also apply to the court for a non molestation order which is also mentioned in the book. Happy to discuss further and please rate 4 or 5 stars for my time.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you so much

Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks