How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Please can this not be printed on your website? Thanks. My

Customer Question

Hi, Please can this not be printed on your website? Thanks. My sister has two children with her ex partner. One 2 and a half and one 8 weeks. He left in April last year to live with his parents and the 2 year old has lived with my sister since, and now the new baby. They weren't living together when she got pregnant again, but she thought he might move back in at the time, but he decided not too. There is no court order in place as to when he sees the kids and my sister has not stopped him seeing them, although not without her present. What she is wanting to know is, if she moves house without telling him, what would happen?. Can she be stopped?. Not abroad, but say 100 miles away?. If there was an order in place, could he stop her moving away?. Or is there a reasonable distance she can move?. Thanks.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 9 months ago.

Does he have parental responsibility

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He does for the older child, but not for the baby