How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leyla Shahin-Mehrube Your Own Question
Leyla Shahin-Mehrube
Leyla Shahin-Mehrube,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 138
Experience:  Family Solicitor at WLH Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Leyla Shahin-Mehrube is online now

I am an unmarried father. I am experiencing troubles with my

Customer Question

Hi My name is Vasileios ******** . I am an unmarried father . I am experiencing troubles with my ex partner. She doesn't let me see my child and she is giving my daughter to be looked after by others wiithout my consent . I want to share custody or to be the main care giver of my child but she doesn't want to have a mediation . I am fed up being abused .she used to financialy and mentally abuse me. Now I live on my own and she still being abusive to me by no't letting me see my child ,not asking for consent and she also don't let me to take my daughter to Greece to see her grandparents . She manipulate the law because I am a foreigner and I don't sleek English fluently . I need an advice please because I am fed up .

Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Leyla Shahin-Mehrube replied 9 months ago.
Hello Vaseleious,
Sorry to hear about your situation. Firstly you need to ascertain whether you have parental responsibility? I.e is your name on the birth certificate? If it is not then you can apply for a Parental Responsibility Order.
After this, you need to make a C100 Child Arrangements Application so that you will have an appropriate order in place that should set out when you will spend time with your child and the terms about holidays etc. Do not despair. You are the child’s father and so long as there are no dire issues such as violence, drugs etc then you have equal rights to see your child and the law is on your side. Make the application. All the best.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
my name is ***** ***** certificate and I have Parental responsibility since my daughter s birth . Thank you very much for the reply.
Expert:  Leyla Shahin-Mehrube replied 9 months ago.

You are very welcome. Good luck. You can do this.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi . I had been waiting for 3 days before I opened a dispute on Paypal . Then the next day i received your email but at the same time PayPal and Justanswer have given me a refund . I don't want you to be unpaid for your services and now I don't know how to fix it . That wouldn't be fair for you .Also , I was expecting a bit more detailing answer because I already knew about my parental responsibility and the c100 . the main thing is that ex doesn't want to do the arrangements form neither to have a mediation . What can I do for that ?
Expert:  Leyla Shahin-Mehrube replied 9 months ago.
Hello, what do you mean that your partner does not want to do the arrangements form or do mediation? Firstly, mediation is the first step. You need to refer yourself to mediation and give the Mother’s details to the mediator. If mediation fails then YOU make an application to the court using form C100 for the courts to put a timetable in
place and set a hearing date.
Expert:  Leyla Shahin-Mehrube replied 9 months ago.
You would need a firm FM1 from the mediator to prove that mediation has failed and to attach that form to the C100.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok . Excellent . Now I understand . How can I pay you ? Have you been paid ?