How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am recently married and my husband has some previous

Customer Question

HiI am recently married and my husband has some previous debts.I am worried bailiffs will come and he only owns a laptop, work clothes and some work tools.Everything else in the property is mine or my daughter's, whilst I should be able to prove this through the majority of things through old receipts, there will be stuff I will no longer have receipt for. An example would bevmy daughter's piano which I bought for her prior to meeting mu husband and can sort of prove through dated photos.What is easier is that a number of people have visited my home over the years and xan confirm prior to meeting my husband all possessions are mine. I also have some jewellery (female jewellery) from my grandmother etc obviously I don't have receipts for.I have been advised that a signed statement of truth stating all the possessions are mine, perhaps by someone who has known me over the years would be sufficient to prevent bailiffs taking my goods. Can you help with this?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 8 months ago.

Hello for clarification - have you had correspondence from debt collection agents?

where are his debts from?

how long ago?