James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I have two children (5&7) and the last two weeks I have been

Customer Question

Hi, I have two children (5&7) and the last two weeks I have been on sick leave ( I am a veteran with PTSD). At the peak of my breakdown, I took my boys to my ex's parents house, as I knew they'd be better off with them on all levels than they would be with their own father (my ex) All is ok now, I went to collect my boys from school today. to be informed from school I can not take the boys home, the school informed me that my ex has been having my boys (which up until this point, has not bothered with my boys only once every two weeks, and also stopped paying the wkly figure of £75 for the both of them, approx 3 wks ago) and that apparently he has just as much parental responsibility. There is nothing in place from a court or anything to state this at all. The school also told me, that I am the one who has to now seek legal advice for me to get my boys back home with me?! Can you please help me and advise what is correct and what I need to do. Thank you. Zoe Smith.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The ex is also on a criminal record for the next 12 mths, as well as having a caution in the past for domestic abuse against me, amongst other things...
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

For clarity - the children were in school and the school refused to let you take them?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.