MARCUS Malin
MARCUS Malin,
Experience:  Consultant Solicitor at Setfords
66642005

Pearl, Can you see the question I asked? Assistant: Where

Customer Question

Pearl, Can you see the question I asked Marcus ?
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In Reading
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: there has been police reports where they have come out to the house for disturbances where we have been arguing but nothing relating to his relations with a prostitute.
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been married for 16 years. in relation to my parents..its not inheritance yet, they are over 70 years old and will probably lead me a share of their property but not until they are deceased. I have 3 other sisters.
Expert:  MARCUS Malin replied 4 months ago.

Hello Pearl,

I have seen the additional information.

Firstly your parents house can be taken out if tje equation it is not relevant.

Upon separation marital assets i.e equity in family home, savings & pensions etc are divided usually according to your respective financial 'needs'.

So all circumstances are taken into account such as health, income and so on.

The reason for the breakdown of the marriage is only taken into account in the most exceptional of circumstances. Sadly from what you say it is most unlikely conduct would be an issue in your case.

As I say the starting point is an equal division of the assets but more likely than not there is a departure from an equal division if one of you has a greater need i.e has a lower income etc.

In order to give a better idea quite alot of information is needed i.e the value of all assets, your income and your housing needs / mortgage capacity.

Marcus

Hello Pearl,

Do you need any help?

If so please do so.

Marcus