How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34883
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My ex has stopped me seeing my daughter and I want to know

Customer Question

Hi. My ex has stopped me seeing my daughter and I want to know what I can do to get custody rights. I'm not on the birth certificate but willing to do a DNA test if helps my case
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 8 months ago.

How old is the child?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2 in october
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 8 months ago.

Ok. Then you need to apply to the court for a child arrangement order - you need to try mediation first (a MIAM) this will allow you to undertake a DNA test and also to spend time with the child. It is a straight forward process. I have attached a link to a book which will walk you through the process on amazon for about a tenner -

Happy to discuss and please rate 4 or 5 stars.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 8 months ago.

Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 7 months ago.

The form is the C100. I have attached