Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My ex has stopped me seeing my daughter and I want to know

Customer Question

Hi. My ex has stopped me seeing my daughter and I want to know what I can do to get custody rights. I'm not on the birth certificate but willing to do a DNA test if helps my case
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 months ago.

How old is the child?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2 in october

Ok. Then you need to apply to the court for a child arrangement order - you need to try mediation first (a MIAM) this will allow you to undertake a DNA test and also to spend time with the child. It is a straight forward process. I have attached a link to a book which will walk you through the process on amazon for about a tenner - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Happy to discuss and please rate 4 or 5 stars.

Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 month ago.

The form is the C100. I have attached