13262538

I asked a question in April about completing a few questions

Customer Question

I asked a question in April about completing a few questions on a D10 divorce form in England, and ukfamilysolictor said at the time "If you have follow-up questions on this same topic, use the reply box below"; the D10 form has now arrived and I have a follow-up question, but there is now no reply box, probably because you have now marked the question as closed; as far as I can see, it is now necessary to start a new question, which is very disappointing. The follow-up question is how to answer D10 question 6 in a situation where the petitioner has not claimed costs. Previously the advice given by ukfamilysolicitor was "Yes, I object to paying the costs of the proceedings" and the grounds were "The petitioner is not seeking costs". That seemed simple and straightforward. Now the D10 form has arrived, the notes in the form say "If such grounds are given, you will be notified of a date on which you must attend before the judge". I suspect this is just poor form design. The petitioner is not seeking costs, so there seems to be no question of paying them, but it is totally inappropriate to have to attend a court just to say that. How are you supposed to complete D10 question 6 in this situation?
Expert:  Clare replied 19 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

For clarity - if you are the Respondent then all you need to put is "they are not claimed" and that is the end of the matter - there will be no court attendance required.

Expert:  Clare replied 19 days ago.

.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thankyou; one final follow-up question : this process is very difficult at a stressful time, mostly because people who are expecting a form D10 cannot download one in advance to make sure that they understand it, even though they know they will have a very short time to send in the completed form. D10 seems to be one of the few forms that can't be downloaded. Do you know why not? Also, by what process are these sorts of difficult aspects of the divorce process in England and Wales improved for the future?