Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I am going to the family court to try to gain access to my

Customer Question

i am going to the family court to try to gain access to my son. i saw a psychiatrist at a private hospital twice 2 years ago. I have sent him a letter stating that the family court are asking for a report on me from him but he is ignoring me. I am representing myself. How do i proceed?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 6 months ago.

My name is***** you have a court order stating that the GP should provide the letter?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the court order asked for my medical history regarding mental health. But i went to see the psychiatrist of my own volition. I told CAFCASS that it was only 2 appointments and the psychiatrist just told me to practice mindfulness and see how i got on with that. It worked very well so i never saw him again.

Have you sen this a copy of the order?

Have you sent the psychiatrist a copy of the court order?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have sent him a copy of the order

Then I would politely contact him and advise that if you do not have the report by the time the matter next goes to court then you will invite the court to make an order that he needs to attend and explain why he has not provided the information which the court seeks. This is often the very last thing that a medial expert wants to here (it takes time out of their very busy schedule). It invariably works a treat. Happy to discuss and please rate 4 or 5 stars for my time.

Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

How do I rate an answer?

You can give your rating by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. Your Expert will not be paid until you rate the answer. If the stars are grayed out or you cannot click on the stars to rate your experience, reply to your Expert and let them know so they can adjust your question and allow you to rate.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 5 months ago.

I attach the C100 - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-c100-application-under-the-children-act-1989-for-a-child-arrangements-prohibited-steps-specific-issue-section-8-order-or-to-vary-or-discharge