How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

After my wife and I split she said she was struggling to pay

Customer Question

After my wife and I split she said she was struggling to pay rent as she was out of work and she hadn't received her single parent allowances etc yet. I said she could use my credit card if it helped. She said she would pay it back as soon as she gets her allowances. She spent £900 on rent and food. She soon after got a decent job but has now been 6 months since using the card and no payments made. Where do I stand? Thank you!
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MARCUS Malin replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is*****

Do you have children with your wife?

Do you pay child support?

Depending on the above I can provide guidance at to the best way forward.

Thank you.