MARCUS Malin
MARCUS Malin,
Experience:  Consultant Solicitor at Setfords
66642005

I am in process of a family break up and I moved out to give

Customer Question

I am in process of a family break up and I moved out to give my wife space. I am about to take on a huge financial commitment to rent a cottage for a year. My wife is seeing a third party. A friend of mine has advised me that if I move out it may effect my rights on access to the children and the family home in the future. Please could you advise
Expert:  MARCUS Malin replied 4 months ago.

I can reassure you that moving out will not effect your property rights or the time you spend with the children.

That said I do advise that it is better to remain in the property unless it is your preference to move for your own sanity!!.

The only reason I say that is although your rights remain the same by leaving your wife will be in the 'comfort zone' and as such will have little incentive to resolve/ agree outstanding matters i.e financial matters. So you lose a little leverage. I would hope that does not happen in your case but it is not unheard of.

I do hope this help.

Marcus

Hello, my name is*****

I hope you received my answer safely.

If you require any furthee clarification please ask.

I would be grateful for feeback.

Marcus

Do you require any further help?

Marcus