How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I put my flat into a trust for my son to inherit .He and now

Customer Question

I put my flat into a trust for my son to inherit .He and now unfortunately his X wife are the trustees. He has now remarried how can I have the X wife removed as a trustee and appoint my two grandchildren as trustees along side with my son ?I'm having a new will drawn up so that my son and grandchildren are the sole inheritors of my estate .
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 9 months ago.

Hello, thanks for the question.

As the Trustee, you have the right to add or remove beneficiaries until your death.

The wording of your Trust should confirm this - do you have a copy of the document available?